Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Flying Cheap: Professionalism in the Regional Carriers

    The specific job and company in the aviation industry that I would like to end up at is Eaton Corporation.  Eaton Corporation is an “American multinational power management company headquartered in Ireland providing solutions to its customers to manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power efficiently, safely and sustainably.” I received that information right off of the companies website.  A description of the job would be flying for the company starting out as an F.O. then eventually a Captain in their fleet of Challengers and Gulfstreams. 

     Some safety concerns with the job I have chosen would obviously be in the company was having financial issues, usually the first thing to go is the flight department since it requires so much money to uphold.  I really can’t mitigate this risk because it would be out of my hands, but I could keep a close eye on the company’s progress and potentially be able to see something like that coming before it hit.


     Professionalism is something that everyone in the aviation industry must uphold and be concerned about.  Professionalism is personal hygiene, language, how you present yourself, how you dress, how you talk, etc.  Lack of professionalism was the pilots talking, being tired, and not being concerned of the conditions they were flying in.  Multiple events led to this crash from the days leading up to it.  From a management stand point, lack of professionalism came from trying to put pilots through training as fast as they could to get them flying. I plan to maintain and have my professionalism grow by starting with the basics of personal hygiene, all the way to how I present myself to others through language and poster; along with performing given tasks that are provided to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment